Welcome to our TS Shure Woodburning Creations Kit Review article!
Woodburning can be somewhat intimidating in the beginning. Even then, Pyrography is an art that lets you create whatever you want, as long as you have a passion to get creative with woods like Basil and Basswood.
The secret to getting better in writing with fire is practicing a lot more often than you have done. Add the ability to think outside the box and writing with fire becomes a whole lot more fan like it should.
Today, Woodburning is an art with the least barrier to entry. So, getting started is easy and the investment is low.
And if you think about it, everyone and their mom can take part in the art – from a school kid who needs something to keep them busy on weekends to a college dude trying to become a professional Pyrographer.
For beginners, the TS Shure Woodburning Creations Kit is a grab-and-go collection that gets you started in writing with fire. And it is not just one of those a dime a dozen kits sold for the cost of half a dozen cups of coffee.
It’s a collection that has everything you need to start learning Pyrography and take your Woodburning skills to the next level. Given the content of the kit, the collection is great for young Pyrographers who don’t mind getting their hands dirty.
Who Makes TS Shure Woodburning Creation Kit?
The kit is made by T.S Shure, a company well known for creating some of the best education materials in the world.
While T.S Shure wasn’t lucky to appear in the list of Fortune 500, it is nonetheless a growing business, tracing its roots back to an old garage, with hundreds of customers from different parts of the world.
When creating the Woodburning kit, the company was targeting mainly you people, which make it an educational material, which you can use to keep your young one busy on the weekends as well as after school.
So, if your young one is not busy with an electronic paddle ball, hooked on a bubble skipping toy, or building blocks, the Creations Kit can get them busy learning the tricks of writing with fire at a younger age.
What Does the Kit Include?
T.S Shure Woodburning Creations Kit includes everything your young one need to start learning pyrography. The kit has the following:
- A wooden storage box: This one isn’t just for storing the items that make up the toolkit. Since the box is pure wood, it is possible to design and burn some art on it.
- A Woodburning Stylus: Because Woodburning stylus do get hot during use, a young beginner won’t use it efficiently without protection. The one included in this creations kit is safe to use for long hours of Woodburning because it has rubber safety grips and two heat shields. As such, writing with fire not only becomes fun and easy; it’s also safer.
- Woodburning Projects: These should be treated like ideas, because when a beginner is getting started, they need them more than they will when advancing their skills.
- Treat these like ideas, because when you are getting started, you need them more than you will when you become an advanced artist.
- Other items in the collection include a stand for the Stylus, well-illustrated design sheets, watercolor paints, sand paper, metal key rings and clips, and a set of properly illustrated instructions.
Who is this Creations Kit Primarily For?
This creations kit was designed for young persons who are interested in using Pyrography tools to create beautiful wood art. To be precise, it was designed for kids and teens, and it makes up a unique creation tool for after school projects.
According to the manufacturer, the T.S Shure Woodburning Creations Kit is good for kids ages 13 and above.
It is important to keep in mind that this stuff is not safe for smaller kids and therefore must be kept far away from their rich. T.S Shure advises that since small parts could lead to choking hazards, it is best to keep the kit far away from the reach of children under the age of 3.
It is important to keep in mind that this creations kit is an electrically operated product. As such, provide some safety guidelines before letting a 13-year-old kid use the kit on their own.
Remind them not to touch the pint or metal piece, since they become hot and could cause burn. Also, don’t let an under 13 kid use this kit.
Is It Necessary to Design the Storage Box?
Yes and No.
If a user feels like they want to burn some patterns on the storage box, that’ll be a great idea. And they can draw almost anything they like. A good thing to do would be to get some ideas from the collection of the well-illustrated design sheet.
An upcoming Pyrographer can also choose not to design and burn the storage box. If this is the case, nothing else has to be done. In fact, it doesn’t make the process any less interesting.
- It is a good kit for all genders. Boys and girls of age 13 and above can use the creations kit to kick start learning Woodburning.
- S Shure Woodburning Creations Kit is 100% complete. In fact, you won’t find a complete kit like this in store.
- Although it is good for kids, adults who want to try their hands on pyrography can also try using the kit.
- Everything is put in one place. That means you do not have to buy each item separately. You end up saving a lot more than you would if you bought each item separately.
- The creations kit is easy to use.
- Some parents have complained that the burner stinks somehow.
- For some reasons, the kit may not work as beautifully for some beginners as it appears on the package.
- It’s somewhat distressing to go extremely slowly. But unfortunately, that’s the only way to get a nice burn.